Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day

So once again it is that time of year for everyone in the world to celebrate with thier significant other, or stalk a potential significant other. Now here is my beef with this stupid "Holiday."
I asked someone what was so special about today, they said something to the effect of, "It's a chance for me to tell everyone how much I can for them." I asked why she couldn't do that everyday. She said she could, but it gave her a special reason to, which I asked why do you need a speical reason?
I mean honestly, if you care about someone, they should know you care about them all the time, not just once a year. This shouldn't be your day of the year to profess your love for someone. Be original, do it on like April 12th or something. I'm sorry, if I was a girl and my boyfriend proposed to me on Valentine's day, I was smack him and tell him to be original.
Now I know that it is St. Valentine's Day, but honestly, how many people know what St. Valentine did to get this day? Anyone? Come on, don't be shy. You see, Halmark has made this "holiday" what it is so they can sell more cards, so candy companies can get in another good rush before Easter.
Ok, so maybe I am jaded on this topic, but still. I find the whole day pointless as far as a holiday goes.

My 2 Cents,
Later

No comments: