Tuesday, September 18, 2007

May You Shelter in the...

"May you shelter in the palm of the Creator's hand, and may the last embrace of the mother welcome you home." - Robert Jordan

On September 16, 2007 around 2:45pm, James Oliver Rigney lost his battle with Amyloidosis. James Rigney, known as Robert Jordan, is the author of the Wheel of Time series as well as several other fantasy books. The Wheel of Time series had 11 books in the series and one prequel. The series is currently unfinished, with one book left to be written. From what I have heard, Robert Jordan recorded all of the plot lines and major goings on of the story and has a army of writers that will be finishing the final book.

I am a big fan of the Wheel of Time series and would recommend it to any fantasy reader. I would like to send my deepest sympathies to the family and friends of James. He will be missed, but not forgotten.

My 2 Cents

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean that your Wheel of Time based campaign will go on for a long time and then end prematurely?

Too soon?

Jeez, some people can be so insensitive...but you can't be mad at me because I make up at least 50% (probably more) of you readership! Take that!

Jeremy said...

Not too soon, but it is completely possible that is how it would go :)

I don't know if I told you, there is actually someone here that owns the WoT Source book, he is going to get it from his parents house next time he goes home for me.

Anonymous said...

That's fun. I've been working on a(nother) new campaign setting that I started work on a while ago. I've got a SWEET historical background for it and some of the other work done (like creating a completely new pantheon) but I'm not putting TOO much time into it what with the Roman campaign that I already have going.

I've thought about creating a "get into the mind of the DM" blog or even forum so those of us interested in the topic could bounce ideas off one another.