Sunday, March 25, 2007

Update On Grandpa

So I called my mom yesterday, and talked with her for awhile. The update on my grandpa is that he went in for tests, mainly a bone scan to see if the cancer had travelled. The doctors set him an appointment to see him for this coming Tuesday. My mom and my Aunt believe that this is good news, because if they would have found anything, they probably wouldn't have waited to see him and gotten him in immediatly. I also found out that my grandpa has conceeded to having radiation treatments, but will not do Chemotherapy.
I have spoken with some people about Prostate Cancer and they have said that there is a new procedure out where they inject these very tiny pellets into the prostate. These are basically minscule radiation bombs that just hit the targeted area, and not the entire body. For most people, these work well. And they are able to live a normal life even while the little things are sending out their radiation. I'm hoping this is the action that my grandpa has to take because he is a pretty active guy. And for clarification, my grandpa is actually like 79, I thought he was younger than that, but apparently not. I still think of him as that young though.

Anyway, there is the update that you all were asking for...well two of you asked for.

My 2 Cents

1 comment:

jadina said...

Thank You, i do care, even when i'm not around. And I dont know if this will make you feel any better, but a friend of mine has prostate cancer, and they did the pellets deal with them, and he is usually out of the hospital within a day, and up and about. Hes pushing 80 too, so the good life is possible.

Incoherent huh? now why would that be?

message me back!
J.adina